Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Catching Up

     Two Alabama State Troopers were chasing a Camaro east on I-20 toward Georgia.  When the suspect crossed the Georgia line, the first Trooper pulled over quickly.
     The rookie Trooper pulled in behind him and said, "Hey Sarge, why did you stop?"
     The Sergeant replied, "Stupid rookie, he's in Georgia now.  They're an hour ahead of us, so we'll never catch him."
     I know the feeling.  Not of being in a car chase, but of feeling that there's no way I can ever catch up.  I experience it weekly, if not daily. There never seem to be enough hours in a day.  I always feel one step behind where I ought to be.  Do you know the feeling as well?  Allow me to remind you of a Bible verse:
     "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psa. 46:10)
     But I can't take time to be still!  I have places to go, things to do, phone calls to make, deadlines to meet!
     "Be still, and know that I am God."
     But if I do that, I'll never get caught up!
     "Be still, and know that I am God."
     Father, forgive me of the times that I am in such a hurry that I have no time for you.  Please quiet my spirit and remind me of who you are and how much I need you.  In Jesus' name, amen.
Have a great day!

- Alan Smith, author of the popular "Thought For Today," and minister for the Fayetteville Church of Christ in Fayetteville, NC, may be contacted at alansmith.servant@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment