Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Death Is Checking Out of a Temporary Hotel

The Roman Cicero, who lived before Christ, was a very respected orator and politician. Without the insight of Christ's revelation, he said something very important concerning life and death: "I am sure that my friends who died before me did not cease to live. In reality, only their present state can be called life. I believe this because I am duty bound to do so by my logic and because of my respect for the greatest philosopher of the past. I consider this world as a place which was never meant to be our abode forever. I never considered my departure form this world as being chased out of my permanent residence, but rather as a checking out from a temporary abode such as a hotel or an ill."

Source:
Pulpit Helps, date unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment